The Advanced Thermofluids and Heat Transfer Research Laboratory (TF-Lab) at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, York University is seeking qualified applicants interested in pursuing graduate studies (both MASc and PhD) starting January 2017.
Research areas include:
- fundamental and applied two-phase flow & heat transfer
- thermal energy transport, exchange, & conversion technology development
- additive manufacturing and 3D printing of composite materials for heat transfer applications
- thermal materials characterization
- advanced cooling of electronic devices & systems
- high performance thermal and electrical interface materials
Thus, the successful candidates should have a proven background in related research and study fields.
Candidates must be innovative and creative self-starters and have proven technical ability (both experimental and theoretical). Candidates should also be comfortable working in a team environment, have good attention to detail, and possess a high standard of written and spoken English.
MASc applicants should have a bachelor’s degree, preferably with independent research experience. PhD applicants should have (or expect to complete) a Master’s degree and should have a relevant publication record.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter explaining their research interests and how their background and experience match the qualifications described and a current CV to email@example.com